Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday July 1 2013 (Jake and the Neverland Pirates Birthday Party)

Jake and the Neverland Pirates Party

So this is actually about the birthday party I threw for the boys LAST year, so unfortunately I don't have any tutorials with extra photos on how I made everything, but I thought I would share some of the things that I did anyways.

This was the invitation that I came up with. I made it by printing and then cutting and pasting all of the individual elements.

The Banner was made by Cutting out Scrap booking paper and gluing it to cardstock. I don't have one of those fancy cutting machines so I did it all by hand.
I made the main characters from the show by using a projector, poster board and craft paint. They were scattered around the party area as decor and afterwards they went into the boys' bedroom.



Here is the cake table. The canon was made out of rice krispies, the cake was made using 2 9x13" sheet cakes that I cut into sections. The rails and ship's wheel were made using dipping chocolate and the Mast/sails were made out of some printer paper and a dowel.
We had Pirate themed food like this watermelon shark swimming in blue jello and Sand pudding which was vanilla pudding with crushed up vanilla wafers on top (sorry no picture of that one)

After Lunch we had a treasure hunt which included a ride down the slide and walking the plank then ended with a treasure chest filled with rolo's (because they are gold) for a treasure.
We also had a Canon ball balloon pop with black balloons filled partially with water.

Here is one of the birthday boys with his "canon ball".
I also made a gold doubloon piñata for the kids using poster board and paper maché. I learned my lesson to only do 2-3 layers. This one had 8 and it took a T-ball bat and the hubby to get it open. (OOPS) It was filled with mardi-gras necklaces and Werthers butterscotches because they look like gold and jewel treasure.
Luckily I had also made some mini-piñatas in coconut form that the kids were able to open on their own.
We also had giant bubbles for the adults and kids. A lot of the kids went back outside to play with them while the boys were opening their gifts after cake.
The boys ate some cake, but they like cake-pops better.
Here is the goody bag room. Each kid got a Jake and the Neverland Pirates balloon, balloon sword, bandana, turtle, pixie dust, jellyfish in a bottle as well as a bag full of goodies.

Here are the contents of the goody bags. The bigger kids got a bag of home-made chalk, 2 Jake and the Neverland Pirates necklaces, 2 rock candies on a stick, some glow sticks and a Jake and the Neverland Pirates coloring book. The little kids got a foam water ball, bib and onesie (It says Yo Ho Ho 7 A Bottle of Milk) 
The bags were just brown lunch bags with the kids names and a Skull and bones logo that I cut out of craft paper.
Overall the kids had a GREAT day and that's what really matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment